Here’s the reality today …
- Corporate loyalty is dead unless you are delivering.
- Your job security rests in the hands of a happy Board, PE firm, or the investors.
- The CEO will likely watch out for himself and his position over your ethical stand.
- CFO positions are limited, and competition for those positions is fierce.
- MOST senior finance executive positions come through referrals.
My point? Don’t fall under the illusion that your position is safe … no matter how things look today. Every Finance Executive should have an ongoing career management strategy similar to the 3-5-year business plan he executes for his company. Because you hold the strongest positioning as a passive candidate, it is critically important to execute a career management strategy rather than a job search strategy.
There are three key elements of a Career Business Plan …
1. Be ready … for every opportunity … at any moment.
2. Have a plan, and then … work your plan.
3. Be strategic, consistent, and constant.
You can read the entire article at BusinessFinance.com.