Career practitioners eagerly await publication of Execunet’s Job Market Intelligence Report every year, and the 2012 edition is due out in early spring. But, Execunet has released some new trends from its 20th annual issue, and with its permission, I’m sharing that information with you as well.
Here’s what Executives said:
- They now anticipate spending 5.7 months on average looking for their next position
- They expect a 13% increase in salary when taking a new position
- Fifty-two percent of executives surveyed said were considering leaving their current position in the last year
- Only 30% of employed executives foresee their current organizations will experience high turnover in the coming year
- They expect a 14% increase in assignments for 2012
- The Top 5 industries for job growth in 2012 are:
- Business Services
You can find even more stats at the Execunet site.
With 52% of executives considering a change of scenery, competition is only going to increase among the best-of-the-best. And today, companies are only interested in hiring the “best-of-the-best.”
- Do you bring a proven record of contributions?
- Are you positioned as a “high-value” target?
- Can you be found?
- Do you have the Two Powerful Weapons in your arsenal that can boost your career competitiveness?
Now, while you are gainfully employed and hold the power of passive positioning, is the BEST time to begin ensuring recruiters and companies see you as the “best-of-the-best” of CFOs.