The Big Fat Finance blog recently had a post about finance and smartphones … and I think his point, bigger picture, is spot on!
– 4x as many people have cellphones as personal computers
– 20% of households are now “mobile only”
– Americans send/receive twice as many texts as phone calls
– mobile marketing / advertising revenue is expected to exceed $3B in 2012
– customers read text messages 97% of the time
While mobile “marketing” is obviously different than “finance functionality” on your smartphone, it’s the trend that is telling. Technology development is moving at breakneck speed … consider the iPad. And then imagine the finance functions that are currently available on your iPad and computer being fully available on your always present smartphone. I believe that day is fast approaching.
Perhaps it’s a way to ensure you really do work 24 hours a day / 7 days a week! Or, that you truly can work from anywhere 24/7.